2023 ABLE Higher Degree by Research Conference
On 12 April we will be holding our inaugural ABLE HDR Conference. This is a great opportunity for you as a higher degree researcher to network with your peers and academic researchers from across the Faculty.
The conference program includes research presentations, panel discussions and professional development sessions. It will also be an engaging day with lunch, morning and afternoon tea catered, awards for the best presentations and door prizes!
ABLE HDR residents in Adelaide are encouraged to attend the conference and limited places are also available for Supervisors, Postgraduate Coordinators and Honours Students.
- Present your research and learn about the research of other HDRs in the Faculty
- Build your academic profile
- Network with colleagues and identify potential collaborative opportunities over morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Participate in an interactive professional development session, and
- Gain Career and Research Skills Training (CaRST) points
- Win prizes
To submit an abstract, please complete the online application form in Career Hub by close of business on Friday 17 February 2023.
Please register for the Conference (whether you intend to submit an abstract or not), no later than Friday 17 March 2023.
Registration includes attendance at all presentations and professional development sessions, and provides morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
There will be three streams of papers that will run concurrently in three different rooms of the Wine Centre.
The National Wine Centre is located at the Corner of Botanic and Hackney Road, just a short walk from the North Terrace Campus.
It offers excellent conference facilities with natural lighting, spectacular architecture and state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment. There are outdoor terrace areas with views of the Centre's own vineyard and the Botanic Gardens where you can eat lunch, chat with other students and staff, and enjoy sunshine and fresh air.
Unfortunately, this event cannot be offered in a hybrid format so remote attendance is not possible. An audio recording will be made available to interested students after the event.
Abstracts are welcome from all currently enrolled higher degree by research students in the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Economics, University of Adelaide. (Postgrads who have completed by Wednesday 12 April cannot present a paper, but are welcome to attend the conference and professional development sessions.)
You can offer one of three types of presentation:
- Expanding Knowledge (What my thesis researches, how I am doing it, & [preliminary] findings)
- Problem Solving (Problem/Issue I encountered & how I solved it)
- Impact (Exciting developments – places my research has taken me, researchers I’ve collaborated with and/or how my research has benefitted society)
10-minute presentation & 5 minutes of questions or, 3-minute presentation & 2 minutes of questions (lightning presentation).
- 3 credits for attending the conference for the full day, domain B
- 3 credits for presenting at the conference, domain D
- 1 credit for attending the Career Panel professional development session, domain B