ABLE Higher Degree by Research Conference
Explore the diverse range of research conducted by Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates within the faculty showcased at the annual ABLE Higher Degree by Research Conference.
The conference program includes research presentations, panel discussions and professional development sessions. It will also be an engaging day with catered lunch, morning and afternoon tea, awards for researchers, and an opportunity to have a headshot taken for your researcher profile.
This year, we are pleased to announce that in addition to showcasing the high calibre research being undertaken by our HDR students, the conference will feature an additional information and promotional segment tailored for prospective students. A diverse array of stakeholders will be in attendance, providing opportunities for interaction and conversations.
ABLE HDR residents in Adelaide are encouraged to attend the conference and limited places are also available for Supervisors, Postgraduate Coordinators and Honours Students.
- Present your research and learn about the research of other HDRs in the Faculty
- Build your academic profile
- Network with colleagues and identify potential collaborative opportunities over morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Avail the chance to have your researcher profile photo taken
- Learn more about the internship opportunities and industry partnerships
- Participate in an interactive professional development session
- Gain Career and Research Skills Training (CaRST) points, and
- Win prizes
There will be three streams of papers that will run concurrently in three different rooms of the Wine Centre.
Unfortunately, this event cannot be offered in a hybrid format so remote attendance is not possible. An audio recording will be made available to interested students after the event.
You can offer one of three types of presentation (10-minute presentation & five minutes questions):
- Expanding Knowledge (What my thesis researches, how I am doing it, & [preliminary] findings).
- Problem Solving (Problem/Issue I encountered & how I solved it).
- Impact (Exciting developments – places my research has taken me, & researchers I’ve collaborated with and/or how my research has benefitted society).
10-minute presentation & 5 minutes of questions or, 3-minute presentation & 2 minutes of questions (lightning presentation).