Unit of Digital Learning and Society
We provide a unique gateway to University research and researchers across multiple disciplines including media, engineering, computer science and artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as our internal expertise in designing and delivering online and technologically enhanced content.
We have a current focus on
- The impact of artificial intelligence on education and training.
- The role of mixed, virtual and augmented realities in education and training.
- The role of creativity in education.
- The social impact of technologies on learners and learning environments.
- The role of personalising learning in outcomes.
- Attitudes towards AI of teachers and students in a tertiary context.
- The value of narrative on VR experiences in a lunar rover simulation.
- The assessment of situational awareness in virtual reality.
- Navigating the Information Disorder: Building Resilience through Critical Digital and Media Literacies
The role of narrative on learning outcomes in VR. In this project the research student will develop VR scenarios with different narrative levels and look at attitudes and learning outcomes. We are seeking to identify the role narrative plays, if any, on learning outcomes.
The role of cognitive load in lunar rover training scenarios. In this project the research student will develop and analyse three scenarios with different cognitive loads and measure attitudes, outcomes and biometric responses. We are aiming to identify the impact cognitive load has on learning outcomes in VR scenarios.