Music Theatre Ticket Giveaway
Competition terms and conditions
- The name of the Competition is “LES MISERABLES TICKET GIVEAWAY”.
- The Competition is being run by the University of Adelaide (ABN: 61 249 878 937 and CRICOS Number: 00123M) in Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, telephone +61 8 8313 5800.
- The Competition commences at 9:00am ACDT on Wednesday 25 May 2022 and closes 5:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 15 June 2022 (“Competition Period”).
- Information on how to enter the Competition and about prizes forms part of the Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligible entrants may enter the Competition during the Competition Period by posting a French inspired photo and commenting underneath the relevant competition social media posts in 25 words or less why they would like tickets to the performance.
- Entry to the Competition is open to alumni, students and staff of the University of Adelaide.
- University of Adelaide personnel who are directly involved with the administration and/or judging of this competition are not eligible to submit an entry.
- Only one entry per person is permitted for the Competition.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, or misdirected entries including submissions not received by the University of Adelaide or delays in the delivery of online submission due to disruptions, network congestion, or any other reason.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The University of Adelaide reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is original. If an entry cannot be verified to the University of Adelaide’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The University of Adelaide may, at their absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, or remove any part of an entrant’s entry.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, the entrant agrees:
- That they are the owner of all intellectual property in the entry being submitted, and have the necessary permissions to submit it for publication.
- That they grant permission for the University of Adelaide to use, reproduce, and communicate (in hardcopy or electronic format) the entry, for the following purposes:
- University publications and promotional activities (including but not limited to the University’s website and social media sites, promotional and marketing materials, and student recruitment activities).
- The University’s administrative and teaching purposes; and
- That they agree that any of the above may result in public disclosure of the entrant’s name and/or image.
- Any entry that is made on the behalf of a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Competition prizes are as follows: two tickets to Elder Conservatorium Music Theatre’s production of Les Miserables (performances from 22 to 26 June 2022).
- The winners will be selected by the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Economics Marketing Team on Thursday 16 June 2022, on the basis of the following criteria: most creative entry.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via the social media account used to enter the competition, on Friday 17 June 2022 and will be published on the Faculty of Arts’ social media accounts.
- Prizes will only be awarded following validation and verification of winners and their entry.
- The University of Adelaide reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, and or/proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the University of Adelaide. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- If the University of Adelaide is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or cannot validate or verify the winning entry within seven (7) days of the draw, or if the winner is unable to receive any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the Competition.
- The University of Adelaide will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted or whose entry cannot be validated or verified, and therefore, forfeits their prize, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the competition period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the University of Adelaide. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to email@example.com
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize pool. The University of Adelaide is not responsible for any additional costs associated with entering or winning the Competition or any of the prizes.
- Winners will be required to collect their Prize(s) via email when they have been notified by the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Economics Team. If the prize remains unclaimed after two business days, another winner will be selected.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this Competition, these Terms and Condition will prevail.
- The University of Adelaide reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who has, in the opinion of the University of Adelaide, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the University of Adelaide or the Competition. This includes, but is not limited to, entrants using multiple email addresses or identities to submit multiple entries, entries which are breaches of copyright, and entrants who submit past the deadline.
- The University of Adelaide reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions. If any changes are made the University of Adelaide will notify the public via its website.
- The University of Adelaide’s decision is final and the University of Adelaide will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result of any other decision the University of Adelaide makes in connection with the Competition.